Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] information for creating packages

From: Volker Grabsch
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] information for creating packages
Date: Sat, 31 Mar 2012 01:42:05 +0200

William schrieb:
> I would like to know how to make patches in mingw-cross-env. The
> exact command is not explained in the doc. in files, there is a
> "diff --git bla bla", but when trying "diff --git" it tells me it is
> an unrecognised option...

Those are created via "hg export -g", but that's outdated anyway.
In the future, we'll accept pull requests on GitHub. Or, as a
failover, exported patches by Git on the mailing list.

> That would be interesting to add two comments to the "creating
> package" section :
> - how to user patches

Indeed, that section is outdated in some details, and should
be revised.

> - use of the "sha1sum package.tar.bz2" command to get the key for a package.

There's the "make update-checksum-PKG" command for that purpose,
which replces the $(PKG)_CHECKSUM entry automatically. I agree it
should be mentioned there, too.

Regards,

Volker Grabsch