Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Mingw-cross-env-list Digest, Vol 31, Issue 36

From: René Berber
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Mingw-cross-env-list Digest, Vol 31, Issue 36
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2012 15:06:04 -0600

On Thu, 29 Mar 2012, Volker Grabsch wrote:

René Berber schrieb:
The new .mk files don't have the $(PKG)_VERSION line, where is the
version stored?

I'd like to control the version of the packages installed on my
build environment.

To avoid having to auto-generate the index.html, I just
moved the $(PKG)_VERSION lines into the package list:

Geometry</a></td>

This change has yet to be documented, though. Sorry
for the confusion. "make update" already works with
the new structure.

Just to be sure: Does this impose any difficulty on
your side?

The change is documented in the log, no problem, I knew about changeset 2348, but I just changed index.html and make still re-builds binutils, mingwrt, and others (I don't know why, nothing changed there) and the wrong gcc (original index has version 4.7.0, make was building 4.6.3, and I don't want either of them, but after changing to the version I want make is still building 4.6.3).

My confusion is, if make is not getting the version from index.html, then from where?

Adding to that, it seems something is re-creating index.html and/or gcc.mk (no, its not mercurial, or at least I didn't run it).

Right now I'm trying to go back to an old version, 2347 didn't work, which is strange.
--
René Berber