Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] libffi, GTK3

From: LM
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] libffi, GTK3
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2012 12:38:34 -0400

William wrote:
for your information I am actually using gtk2 on mingw-cross-env. Potential user of gtk3 in the future?
If that helps :-)

I just hope you never need any tech support from them (or that their help changes by then).  I had a similar issue with aspell (didn't want anything to do with a Windows port even when handed all the patches for it) and have switched completely to using hunspell in its place.  The attitude of developers and support personnel for a community are a good reflection of that community.  I love to volunteer on Open Source projects and to advocate Open Source.  However, if a community is hostile, I don't want anything to do with it.  I also find it a problem to advocate for such projects.

By the way, I've been doing a little positive advocating of the mingw-cross-env project and have mentioned it to other developers.  I've seen several posts on the mingw mailing lists asking about cross-compilers over the years and how to build one.  Think it's great that this project is filling in that gap.