Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] postgresql fails to build

From: Tony Theodore
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] postgresql fails to build
Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2012 13:18:19 +1100

On 13 March 2012 17:43, Santiago Germino <address@hidden> wrote:
>> That is likely to be a problem, Autoconf >= 2.64 is required. We tend
>> to peg the requirements [1] against Debian stable, so you probably
>> have it installed and just need to select it somehow (maybe with
>> dpkg-reconfigure).
>
> Yes, I've forced it to 2.68 and it worked flawlessly. Is it possible
> to include something like AC_PREREQ(2.64) to force the debian wrapper
> script (and parhaps others) to choose a suitable version or fail with
> a useful error description?

I'm not sure about forcing the wrapper script to use a certain
version, we wouldn't usually do something that is so specific to an
os.

Failing early is certainly possible and may be as simple as writing a
small configure.ac that checks our requirements. Most of the
requirements are fairly common and probably already have AC macros for
version testing. It's not something I've looked at though.

Cheers,