Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Static vs. shared Qt

From: G Coco
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Static vs. shared Qt
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2011 09:59:01 -0500

Hi,

Part of why I was using MCE was because I liked not having DLL's and
also because I was more comfortable scripting in other things when
compiling applications. I do like the fact that it can be used over
multiple Linux systems and I don't need to line up this repo or that
repo. This is one of the things that I don't really like about the
Fedore/OpenSUSE shared builds.

Having said that they both serve important functions. If MCE went a
shared/static path that would be great as it does have advantages.
Makes it more of an admin nightmare I imagine.

For me, I am going to move some of the work I have done here into the
OpenSUSE setup so that whichever system an enduser chooses they get
the benefit of having as many modules available to them as can be.

Gareth