Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Static library support for GTK+

From: Volker Grabsch
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Static library support for GTK+
Date: Sat, 26 Nov 2011 20:36:21 +0100

Matthias Gehre schrieb:
> Regarding the multithreading, it was may understanding that wrapping calls
> to gtk in gdk_threads_enter/leave (the global mutex) is enough to be
> safe. At least on linux
> that works fine. But on win32 one has to run all those calls in the
> main_gtk thread, locking with
> gdk_threads_enter/leave seems not enough.

I guess you were simply lucky that it worked on Linux
in the first place. :-)

However, I'm not a GTK+ expert. If this really bothers
you, I recommend to raise this question again on one
if the GTK+ mailing lists. Also, feel free to tell us
about the answer you received, as it important for us
to know if it should work on Win32, or if this was never
inteded to work on Win32.

Greets,

Volker Grabsch