Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] make curl failes

From: Mark Brand
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] make curl failes
Date: Sat, 26 Nov 2011 15:13:24 +0100

Do you happen to know where this runtime test comes from in the curl
configure script (assuming it's still there)?

Mark
Unfortunately, no. The last time I looked into it, it seemed to be
part of the standard autotools boilerplate - that is, always available
without having to explicitly write something in configure.ac.

Cheers,

Tony

I just came across this discussion of the subject:

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/autoconf/2011-01/msg00022.html

Specifically, this message:

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/autoconf/2011-01/msg00025.html

I wonder if we should take this advice about "--build":
   Hint: if you mean to override the result of config.guess, prefer --build over
   --host. In the future, --host will not override the name of the build system
   type. Whenever you specify --host, be sure to specify --build too.

Mark