Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Trying to compile shared - libidn fails

From: Volker Grabsch
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Trying to compile shared - libidn fails
Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2011 12:56:13 +0100

Dennis Volodomanov schrieb:
> I'm now trying to compile shared libs, I've changed all "--disable-shared" to
> "--enable-shared" (and in some cases added "--disable-static", if configure
> failed).

Please be sure you know about the implications of this.
For example, you might want to build all dependency
libraries statically, and link them together with your
own stuff into a big DLL file. Just make sure you get
the symbols' visibilities right.

In the other hand, if you really want to create lots
of tiny DLL files for every single dependency library,
make sure you have a look at projects which already
provide shared libraries:

    Related Projects
    http://mingw-cross-env.nongnu.org/#see-also

    openSUSE MinGW packages

http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/windows:/mingw:/win32/SLE_11/noarch/

    Fedora MinGW packages
    https://admin.fedoraproject.org/pkgdb/acls/list/**mingw**

In other words, mingw-cross-env is prossibly not be the
right tool for you.

Greets,

Volker Grabsch