[Mingw-cross-env-list] possibly serius bug

From: anguelos nicolaou
Subject: [Mingw-cross-env-list] possibly serius bug
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2011 14:40:14 +0100

Dear mingw developers/comunity,
Congradulations for your work.
While trying to install mingw-cross-env, I erased my "real" /usr directory
I am in no way blaiming anybody else than my self but mabe something is also wrong in the makefiles.

I tryed to install mingw
the latest tarball would not work due to a broken link, trying to overcome that I tryed the development version
and executed:

#cd /opt
#hg clone http://hg.savannah.nongnu.org/hgweb/mingw-cross-env
#cd mingw_cross_env
#make

some requirement of ffmpeg had a non updated md5sum so I simply removed the dependency .mk file as well as ffmpeg .mk file to go on with the make file.
Later on I changed my mind and decided to do make clean. so I typed (if I can remember well maybe there was also a nice commad)

/opt/mingw_cross_env$ sudo make clean

the result is my real /usr/ directory was deleted. once I realised I prefered to go with a fresh install.
I am working on the latest mint-debian amd64

Thanks a lot,
keep up the good work