Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Qt suport for Debian kFreeBSD & DragonFly

From: Mark Brand
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Qt suport for Debian kFreeBSD & DragonFly
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2011 21:48:29 +0200

On 08/27/2011 10:47 PM, Tony Theodore wrote:
Hi Mark,

I just pushed two changes adding Qt support for Debian kFreeBSD&  DragonFly BSD:

     http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/mingw-cross-env/rev/dd3d7f4521dc
     http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/mingw-cross-env/rev/b314a30667f4

These are "inspired by" the respective package management systems, but
I haven't formulated them as upstream patches. Both systems do some
platform detection and manipulation to determine the "-platform"
argument. I can't imagine doing this easily in our makefiles, and in
both cases the detection amounts to an alias to an underlying "base"
system (linux for Debian, freebsd for DragonFly).

I think it's reasonable to keep these as mingw-cross-env specific
changes for the moment.

Let me know what you think.

Tony

Hi Tony,

The changes to the configure script look reasonable.

I don't fully understand the changes to src/corelib/global/qglobal.h. If Q_OS_FREEBSD_KERNEL is new, why doesn't the patch add any sensitivity to it? But I assume the authors knew what they were doing.

So yes, let's keep these as "mingw-cross-env specific" for the time being. But since both are really about configuring Qt on the respective platforms, I hope the discussion continues in Qt merge requests.

Mark