Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] gnutls update with new supporting packages p1

From: Volker Grabsch
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] gnutls update with new supporting packages p11-kit and dlfcn-win32
Date: Sat, 20 Aug 2011 12:15:01 +0200

Mark Brand schrieb:
> >I recommend to undo those 3 changesets until those questions are
> >answered. Otherwise I'm pretty sure we'll risk a disaster comparable
> >to the Debian/OpenSSL disaster 3 years ago. [1]
>
> Agreed. Let's wait for the respective projects to address Windows
> compatibility.
>
> I've removed p11-kit and dlfcn-win32 since it's not needed
> otherwise. This means that gnutls 2.12.8 must be configured:
>     "--without-p11-kit       Build without p11-kit and PKCS#11 support"

I suspect that the official Windows build of GnuTLS is
also using the "--without-p11-kit" option.

> http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/mingw-cross-env/rev/e5969b622179
>
> I had similar misgivings about p11-kit and I'm grateful that you
> confirmed and amplified them.

Sorry for nagging again :-), but that changeset introduced a
small typo that makes the build fail. I just fixed it:

http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/mingw-cross-env/rev/8590c01d8f30

Greets,

Volker Grabsch