Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Questions / Bugs?

From: Thomas Dineen
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Questions / Bugs?
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2011 17:39:57 -0700

Hi Tony:

Regarding:

6) Critical Bug:
Pkg-config / libpng Bug: See Below: Seems to keep pkg-config from working!

pkg-config --libs --cflags cairo gtk+-
Package 'libpng' has no Name: field

You need to use the prefixed pkg-config:

I think there is come confusion here:
1) My first cross compile environment is currently running on Fedora 14.
Where I build the tree as indicated by the provided make scripts.
With the goal of producing a number of tools and a large number of
libraries.
2) I then tar the entire tree at the i686-pc-mingw32 Root to move it
to the windows Windows / MinGW machine.
3) Then on the Windows / MinGW machine the directory tree is untarred.
I assume everyone pretty much dose this?

Error: The above error occurred as part of a small test build of an example
at the MinGW command line:

pkg-config --libs --cflags cairo gtk+-
Package 'libpng' has no Name: field

Thanks for the help.