[Mingw-cross-env-list] Compiling OpenCSG

From: Brad Pitcher
Subject: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Compiling OpenCSG
Date: Wed, 25 May 2011 11:57:38 -0700

Hi everyone,
I had hoped I wouldn't have to resort to asking you all for help on this, but I have banged my head against the wall for a while and I am really stuck.

Here are my steps:
1. downloaded and uncompressed the tarball
2. Enter OpenCSG-1.3.1/src
3. run i686-pc-mingw32-qmake
4. Edit Makefile.Release:
- add -DGLEW_STATIC at the beginning of DEFINES definiton
- add -lglew32s before -lglu32 in the LIBS definition
5. run make

It took me quite a while to figure out what I needed to do to use glew statically, but it seems right. Now the build process fails on the last line though:

i686-pc-mingw32-g++ -enable-stdcall-fixup -Wl,-enable-auto-import -Wl,-enable-runtime-pseudo-reloc -Wl,-s -mthreads -Wl -o ../lib/opencsg.lib object_script.opencsg.Release  -L'/home/brad/Downloads/mingw-cross-env-2.20/usr/i686-pc-mingw32/lib' -lglew32s -lglu32 -lopengl32 -lQtGui -lgdi32 -lcomdlg32 -loleaut32 -limm32 -lwinmm -lwinspool -ljpeg -lmng -llcms -ltiff -lmsimg32 -lQtCore -lpng -lkernel32 -luser32 -lshell32 -luuid -lole32 -ladvapi32 -static-libgcc -lws2_32 -lz -Wl,--subsystem,windows
/home/brad/Downloads/mingw-cross-env-2.20/usr/i686-pc-mingw32/lib/libmingw32.a(main.o):main.c:(.text+0xd2): undefined reference to address@hidden'

Some googling suggested adding -Wl,--subsystem,windows to my args. I tried that but it didn't have any effect on the output so that's why you don't see it in my instructions. Any ideas what could be causing this? I don't see any references to main() or WinMain() anywhere in the opencsg code, so that has me pretty confused.

I have also attached the OpenCSG source with my Makefile.Release modifications, so if anybody would like to take a look I would appreciate that very much.
Thanks,
Brad