Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Preparation of Release 2.21

From: Tony Theodore
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Preparation of Release 2.21
Date: Wed, 25 May 2011 10:44:46 +1000

On 18 May 2011 22:42, Volker Grabsch <address@hidden> wrote:
> Dear mingw-cross-env team,
>
> The next release is overdue. So please check whether there are
> any open issues with our current development version. In particular,
> please verify that the current development version works flawlessly
> on all your systems (make clean; make).
>
> Here's the usual handy template for your reports:

> Revision:       1832:1c6d25fa6195
> System:         ...
> NSIS excluded?  no/yes
> Success?        no/yes
> Log file:       -

Hello again after a long time.

There were a couple of issues with OSX, the first a portability fix
and test program:

http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/mingw-cross-env/rev/e9eebacebbb9
http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/mingw-cross-env/rev/801c362de3d5

I've sent the patch upstream and it's awaiting moderation on the mailing list.

Second is a problem with the new version of Xcode:

http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/mingw-cross-env/rev/441e71d16e54

If you upgrade from version 3.2x without installing the Unix
Development tools, everything should work fine, but a clean install of
the new version won't work. I didn't have time to resolve this (though
the issues have been there since the beta version) so the simplest
solution is to continue with the previous version.

Cheers,