[Mingw-cross-env-list] Proposal: POCO C++ Libraries

From: Finny Thomas
Subject: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Proposal: POCO C++ Libraries
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2011 10:08:20 -0500

Good day,

I have put together a .mk build file for the POCO C++ libraries.
POCO is a very handy library (or set of libraries) that aids in
creating portable, network-centric applications. I use the libs a lot
for XML processing, networking, and some date/time functions.

I have also created a very simple test program for the POCO libraries
(it only tests a small piece of functionality though; not sure what
the protocol is for test creation, but other included tests also
looked very simple.)

Note that there are actually 2 versions of the POCO library; one that
is a "basic" edition that has no external dependencies, and a
"complete" edition that depends on OpenSSL, MySQL, and ODBC.

This build script only builds the basic version. I can try to expand
this to include the complete version if that is desired.

I omitted the UPDATE section, as POCO naming is a bit irregular (they
have release nums, but they also have patches they apply, which they
append to the current version, so you can have poco-1.4.1p1.tar.gz),
and I couldn't cleanly figure out how to do it. I also introduced a
PATCHNUM variable to the poco.mk to try to make things cleaner.

Note that POCO has its own configure script, where you can specify the
build type to be "MinGW-CrossEnv." That's why the configure section
looks different.

I have tested the build script using a minimal install of
mingw-cross-env, and it appears to work correctly.

Thanks for your time,
F. Thomas