Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Need package: Physfs

From: Tony Theodore
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Need package: Physfs
Date: Thu, 3 Mar 2011 22:25:20 +1100

Thanks, I've attached an updated version that is ready to commit, just
a few space/tab issues and comments below.

On 3 March 2011 02:18, Safety0ff <address@hidden> wrote:
> Parts that should to be looked at:
> - No $(PKG)_UPDATE

The ftp is very similar to binutils, so I just copied that and added a
case-insensitive flag..

> - SHA1 taken from downloaded file (did not find online / reliable source)
> this is likely a no-no.

Why a no-no? A locally verified checksum is arguably more reliable
than an online source, and likely to be more resistant to
manipulation.

> - Disabled building the test program included with the source as comment at
> top of file indicated uncertainty about whether it would work properly in
> non-unix environments (I didn't inspect/test further on this point).

This is the right way to go, we normally disable tests/demos and
create a simple test program that just makes a few api calls (see
attached). Running the full test programs isn't really worth it as
we're mostly interested in verifying the building/linking steps.

Cheers,