Freetds (was Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] changes pushed)

From: Tony Theodore
Subject: Freetds (was Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] changes pushed)
Date: Sat, 11 Sep 2010 22:27:26 +1000

On 30 August 2010 19:48, Mark Brand <address@hidden> wrote:

>>> The changesets previously available from
>>> http://www.xs4all.nl/~brandm/mingw-cross-env/ have now been pushed to the
>>> development repository. The changesets are:
>>>
>>> changeset:   1099:ee117c79a94f
>>> summary:     upgrade package freetds to cvs
>>
>> Your change added a build dependency on gawk, which wasn't installed on my
>> system. (It seems my system has awk, mawk and nawk but not gawk.) Should
>> this dependency be listed in the list of dependencies for the project?
>>

> I was not aware of that. Not surprising since my system's gawk package
> provides gawk and awk, while I lack mawk and nawk.

FreeBSD has awk and nawk, but the lack of gawk doesn't seem to make a
difference to configure or the build result. I think the error has
something to do with ODBC, but haven't been able to work it out.
Attached is the log file.

On OSX, autoconf (2.65 and 2.67) create a ./configure file with a
single . on line 5

#! /bin/sh
# From configure.ac Revision: 1.55 .
# Guess values for system-dependent variables and create Makefiles.
# Generated by GNU Autoconf 2.67 for FreeTDS 0.83.dev.-n 20100910
.
#
#
# Copyright (C) 1992, 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001,
# 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010 Free Software
# Foundation, Inc.

This causes configure to fail, but I can't see where it's coming from.
Any ideas? I don't really want to backtrace versions of autotools.

Also attached are some small changes to stop configure running twice
(the first is called by autogen.sh) and to use the $(LIBTOOLIZE)
replacement.

Cheers,