Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] changes pushed

From: Volker Grabsch
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] changes pushed
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2010 03:28:45 +0200

Mark Brand <address@hidden> schrieb:
>> Your change added a build dependency on gawk, which wasn't installed
>> on my system. (It seems my system has awk, mawk and nawk but not
>> gawk.) Should this dependency be listed in the list of dependencies
>> for the project?
>
> I was not aware of that. Not surprising since my system's gawk package
> provides gawk and awk, while I lack mawk and nawk.
>
> Is the solution really just to add gawk to the requirements? Volker?

If the Freetds really can't get along without GNU awk then yes, we
should add it to the list of requirements.

However, is there really no way to avoid that dependency? (... apart
from building GNU awk ourselves, which would be even less desirable.)

Will the next Freetds release also depend of GNU awk, or is it something
special to the CVS version?

Greets,

Volker Grabsch
Administrator