Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] QT 4.7.0 p1 qjpeg plug-in missing symbols pro

From: Volker Grabsch
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] QT 4.7.0 p1 qjpeg plug-in missing symbols problem
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2010 14:05:01 +0200

Hello Mark,

Mark Brand <address@hidden> schrieb:
>>> The problem is that "-ljpeg" is missing from the g++ call. It's not your
>>> fault. I guess we should blame qmake for not realizing that the qjpeg
>>> plug-in depends on this.
>>>
>>> The same thing happens for qtiff too if you add "qtiff" to QTPLUGIN.
>> Do you see a way to fix that in Qt, or at least to formulate it as a
>> bug report to them?
[...]
> It seems pretty
> clear that we are on our own in supporting this configuration.
>
> In conclusion, I think mingw-cross-env users are faced with the choice
> of using the workaround for plugin dependencies or using shared Qt to
> avoid the problem.

Thanks for the detailed explaination. I don't think the workaround
is too bad. FWIW, here are the 3 additional lines that I usually add
to my *.pro files for Mingw-cross-env:

    win32 {
        LIBS += -ljpeg ...
    }

For some projects, an additional "QT +=" line is needed, but that's it.
Not a big deal. And it's still less than the 5 additional lines which
I need for MacOS X:  ;-)

    macx {
        QMAKE_MAC_SDK = /Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.4u.sdk
        CONFIG += x86 ppc ...
        LIBS += -liconv ...
    }

Greets,