Re: [Mingw-users] [Mingw-cross-env-list] Re: [patch] [ginclude] cooperat

From: Volker Grabsch
Subject: Re: [Mingw-users] [Mingw-cross-env-list] Re: [patch] [ginclude] cooperation between gcc's and mingw's float.h
Date: Sun, 20 Jun 2010 15:18:54 +0200

Paolo Bonzini <address@hidden> schrieb:
> On 06/20/2010 01:50 PM, Volker Grabsch wrote:
>> Paolo Bonzini<address@hidden>  schrieb:
>>>
>>> What patch?  Archive link, please. :)
>>
>> Start of discussion in the GCC mailing list:
>> http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-patches/2010-06/msg00387.html
>>
>> Start of discussion in the MinGW bugtracker:
>> http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=302435&aid=3011968&group_id=2435
>>
>> Corresponding changeset in Mingw-cross-env:
>> http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/mingw-cross-env/rev/682d860fa4e9
>
> This is not really a GCC build machinery patch (more of a C front-end
> patch, or something like that), so I wouldn't approve it.  However, to
> understand the issue better, is there a place where I can see the full
> MinGW float.h?

Just download and unpack the current MinGW-Runtime dev package:

http://kent.dl.sourceforge.net/project/mingw/MinGW/BaseSystem/RuntimeLibrary/MinGW-RT/mingwrt-3.18/mingwrt-3.18-mingw32-dev.tar.gz

> It seems to me like a better way to fix this might be to rely on
> fixincludes.

It would be great if you would join the discussion at the MinGW
bugtracker and restate your proposal there. The MinGW bugtracker
is where the technical discussion is currently happening. At the
moment it is currently unclear whether the MinGW people will accept
the patch or whether they seek for another solution:

http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=302435&aid=3011968&group_id=2435

Greets,

Volker Grabsch
Administrator