Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Re: zlib 1.2.5 fails on Ubuntu Linux (amd64)

From: Tony Theodore
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Re: zlib 1.2.5 fails on Ubuntu Linux (amd64) -- adler32.o: No such file or directory
Date: Sat, 19 Jun 2010 02:49:18 +1000

On 19 June 2010 01:03, Garth Dahlstrom <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi Tony,
> I think your right, colorgcc would be the host compiler, I thought about
> this when linking failed on openssl and other packages that use -lz (libz.a
> is a different size then on the working system)...
> I've attached the full build log, it's not obvious why the $CC is blank to
> me... I'll have a look at the .mk file to see if I can spot a difference
> from those that work okay.

CC is one of env variables cleared in the Makefile, as they (always)
cause trouble with cross building. Could you remove the colorgcc path
from your $PATH and/or send:

/opt/mingw/tmp-zlib/zlib-1.2.5/config.log

it may be a simple matter of clearing another env variable, unless
you've done something to make i686-pc-mingw32-gcc point to colorgcc
also :)

The path precedence in the Makefile *should* pick up the cross-gcc,
something else is happening to make it fail.