Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] error when compiling gcc

From: Tony Theodore
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] error when compiling gcc
Date: Wed, 2 Jun 2010 12:33:55 +1000

On 2 June 2010 03:51, Volker Grabsch <address@hidden> wrote:
> Tony Theodore <address@hidden> schrieb:

>> > Is that really useful in the cross compiler?
>> >
>> > Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought this was only
>> > needed for the special "src/gcc-native-build.mk".
>>
>> No, the "native" build was just a lazy way to check if gcc4.5 builds
>> at all on gentoo. If the fix works there, it should apply to the cross
>> compiler also.
>>
>> I don't intend for this to be added to mingw-cross-env, it's just a
>> cover-up for some other issue that I can't find.
>
> Thanks for the clarification. So I won't include that $(SED) instruction
> into Mingw-cross-env.

Not at this stage, it seems almost too trivial to worry about, but
it's a very curious bug. It doesn't come from configure.ac so the
extra space is quite deliberate (if only for formatting reasons). For
the range of gcc versions (3.4.3 to 4.4.3) and systems that can build
gcc 4.5, it's hard to imagine Gentoo having problems.