Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] upgrade package pdflib_lite

From: Volker Grabsch
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] upgrade package pdflib_lite
Date: Thu, 13 May 2010 18:41:16 +0200

Mark Brand <address@hidden> schrieb:

> >>A minor patch was required. The original code seems to assume that
> >>that isinfinite and WIN32 are mutually exclusive, which does not
> >>appear to be the case with MinGW. Result is that DWORD remains
> >>undefined.
> >
> >Did you propose your patch to upstream?
> >
> >If so, what's the URL in the bugtracker/etc.?
> >

> Have not proposed upstream. I thought it wise get to some feedback from
> this list about this change first. Not sure I understand all the issues.

Your patch looks okay to me, but only upstream can say that
for sure.

Even if there's a slightly more elegant solution, you'd usually
have a better chance of finding it when discussing with upstream.
At least, that's my experience. Also, every project has its own
methods and "style" to deal with such portability issues.

Greets,

Volker Grabsch
Administrator
NotJustHosting GbR