Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Switch from sjlj to dwarf2? (was: Framework f

From: Volker Grabsch
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Switch from sjlj to dwarf2? (was: Framework for testing)
Date: Mon, 10 May 2010 12:59:47 +0200

Volker Grabsch <address@hidden> schrieb:
> Marek BaczyƄski <address@hidden> schrieb:
> > BTW, any plans on changing exception format from sjlj to dwarf2? IME
> > dwarf2 work a lot better (i.e. in the Spring RTS project - notably,
> > sjlj exception simply didn't get caught by catch {} blocks.)
>
> There are currently no such plans. I decided to use sjlj a few
> years ago, when I started this project. It seemed to be "old and
> stable" while dwarf2 seemed to be "new and testing".
[...]
> Are there any other opinions here on the list? Are there any
> objections regarding dwarf2? Would switching to dwarf2 cause
> any problems to your projects?

I think we need some clarification on this old topic. That's why
I posted the open questions to the MinGW-Users list:

https://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?thread_name=20100510105006.GA31224%40flap&forum_name=mingw-users

I'm willing to switch from SJLJ to Dwarf-2 if the MinGW people
confirm that this won't cause any trouble for us.

Greets,

Volker Grabsch
Administrator
NotJustHosting GbR