Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Project website design

From: Volker Grabsch
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Project website design
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2010 16:47:48 +0200

Nikos Chantziaras <address@hidden> schrieb:
> On 04/21/2010 04:28 PM, Volker Grabsch wrote:
> >Nikos Chantziaras<address@hidden>  schrieb:
> >>
> >>This also allows to get rid of the "margin-bottom: 100%;" setting in
> >>".section", as well as using "width: 60%;" instead of making the whole
> >>page fixed-width.
> >
> >Yeah, those two compromises were not that clean, but they didn't
> >cause any trouble yet, and I didn't find any better alternative
> >yet.
>
> The trouble I was having with it is when you zoom-in/out in the page
> (CTRL++/CTRL+- in Firefox, for example.)

You're right. That's indeed an issue (although a minor one) that
I totally forgot.

But I think this is really a bug in the browser implementation.
I'm always annoyed with that when I read a longer text on an
ordinary website. I'm in the middle of the text, increase or
decrease the font, and the browser jumps to a completely different
position. It can't be too hard to keep at least the position of
the latest seen anchor. *sigh*

> In any event, the layout is a Win.  It's one of those cases where less
> is more.  So thanks again for coming up with that design.

You're welcome.

Greets,

Volker Grabsch
Administrator