Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] how to get gcc support for pthreads?

From: Volker Grabsch
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] how to get gcc support for pthreads?
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2010 14:42:39 +0100

Reggie Wong <address@hidden> schrieb:
> I downloaded the mingw cross compiling env the latest release and installed
> all the requirements and packages. I am trying to cross compile xine and I am
> getting this error-checking if gcc supports Pthread... no
> configure: error: Pthread support is needed
>
> What can I do to solve this error?

You should have a look at the config.log and see why the
check for Pthread failed.

You might have to add the "ws2_32" library, e.g.

    ./configure  ...  PTHREAD_LIBS='-lpthread -lws2_32'

or

    ./configure  ...  LIBS='-lws2_32'

If that doesn't help, please tell us exactly which version
of Xine you were compiling, which build commands you were
using, what ./configure and make outputs you got and what
the contents of config.log were.

Without such details, all we can do is guessing.

Greets,

Volker Grabsch
Administrator
NotJustHosting GbR