Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Vmime portability fix for FreeBSD

From: Volker Grabsch
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Vmime portability fix for FreeBSD
Date: Sun, 14 Feb 2010 17:20:59 +0100

Tony Theodore <address@hidden> schrieb:
> On 14 February 2010 01:45, Mark Brand <address@hidden> wrote:
> >
> > Would you mind posting this patch upstream to vmime too?  It will
> > probably make it into the next release.There is a patches forum for
> > vmime at SourceForge where you can upload it.
[...]
> http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=2951247&group_id=69724&atid=525570

Mark, do you think it would be a good idea to

(1) include that patch snippet into the new

        src/vmime-2-fixes.patch

    patch?

(2) Also, what's about moving other SED actions into that patch
    and to proprose them to upstream?

        $(SED) "s/'-ansi', //;"                        -i '$(1)/SConstruct'
        $(SED) "s/'-pedantic', //;"                    -i '$(1)/SConstruct'
        $(SED) 's/^sh libtool/sh libtool --tag=CXX/g;' -i '$(1)/SConstruct'

(3) And is it possible to make SConstruct use the right pkg-config
    tool, such that the following SED action will become unnecessary?

        $(SED) 's/pkg-config/$(TARGET)-pkg-config/g;'  -i '$(1)/SConstruct'

(4) I'm also thinking about removing the following lines from src/vmime.mk:

        $(SED) 's,libtoolize ,$(LIBTOOLIZE) ,' -i '$(1)'/bootstrap
        cd '$(1)' && ./bootstrap

    These lines seem to be unnecessary because the autotools are already
    called before, by the "scons autotools" command:

        cd '$(1)' && scons autotools \
             prefix='$(PREFIX)/$(TARGET)' \
             target='$(TARGET)' \
             sendmail_path=/sbin/sendmail

(4b) Last but not least, does that command need an argument for
     libtoolize such as the following?

        cd '$(1)' && scons autotools \
            libtoolize='$(LIBTOOLIZE)'

     Or does it automatically check for "libtoolize vs. glibtoolize"?

Greets,

Volker Grabsch
Administrator
NotJustHosting GbR