Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Re: id3lib using native ar

From: Volker Grabsch
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Re: id3lib using native ar
Date: Fri, 5 Feb 2010 04:33:11 +0100

Volker Grabsch <address@hidden> schrieb:
> Tony Theodore <address@hidden> schrieb:
> > 2010/1/27 Tony Theodore <address@hidden>:
> > > - this causes ./configure to check for a cross-ar
> > > configuring wth ac_cv_prog_AR='$(TARGET)-ar' or
> > > ac_cv_prog_ac_ct_AR='$(TARGET)-ar' - to override the detection
> > > making with AR='$(TARGET)-ar' - to override any previous setting
> [...]
> >      cd '$(1)' && autoconf
> > +    $(SED) 's,AR=ar,AR=$(TARGET)-ar,' -i '$(1)/configure'
> >      cd '$(1)' && ./configure \
>
> Since this package uses autoconf anyway, it would be better to
> fix it directly in configure.in, by removing or changing the
> dangling line.

Okay, I think I found a proper solution.

> > > It seems none of the Makefiles have an AR variable, it must be hard
> > > coded somewhere, but I can't see where.

The Makefile doesn't call AR directly. It uses Libtool which
in turn calls *-g++, *-ar and *-ranlib.

> > > adding AC_CHECK_TOOL([AR], [ar], [:]) to configure.in before autoconf

That was already the right command. But it needs to be issued
before AM_PROG_LIBTOOL. That's it. :-)

http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/mingw-cross-env/rev/0eab0fb00ce6

Please check whether that solves the problem.

Greets,

Volker Grabsch
Administrator
NotJustHosting GbR