Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Framework for testing (was: GCC 4.4.1)

From: Marek Baczyński
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Framework for testing (was: GCC 4.4.1)
Date: Wed, 16 Dec 2009 11:46:19 +0100

2009/12/16 Volker Grabsch <address@hidden>:
> Tony Theodore <address@hidden> schrieb:
>> I've been trying to find
>> some small applications to build as a test and I realised, after looking at
>> the IMCROSS project, that samples and demos are the ideal place to start.
>
> On the one hand, that's true. On the other hand, we have to make
> a difference between what I'd call "build tests" and what I'd call
> "run tests".
>
> For build tests, it is important that they build without any linker
> errors. For run tests, it is important that they run on Wine and are
> completely non-interactive.
>
> Most samples and demos are only usable as build tests. However, these
> are the ones that we maybe should generate automatically, e.g. from
> the library files (*.a), rather than using those provided by the
> scripts.

FYI: you can turn interactive tests into non-interactive tests with
tools like AutoIt:

http://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/index.shtml

It includes a convienient macro recorder and compiles down to exes,
which *should* be wine-runnable.

BTW, any plans on changing exception format from sjlj to dwarf2? IME
dwarf2 work a lot better (i.e. in the Spring RTS project - notably,
sjlj exception simply didn't get caught by catch {} blocks.)

--
Marek "Baczek" Baczyński
... evolve or face extinction ...