Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Qt library configuration

From: Volker Grabsch
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Qt library configuration
Date: Sat, 10 Oct 2009 21:57:31 +0200

Mark Brand <address@hidden> schrieb:
> I see that qt.make has been changed to use system libraries instead of
> libraries packaged with the Qt sources. For reference:

I alread encountered that problem and fixed it some hours ago:

http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/mingw-cross-env/rev/75d0dffa09ac

However, there's still a problem on OSX which seems to ignore
the "-qt-zlib" setting. I'm working on that.

> The question is why qmake generates this makefile.  We could go and look
> for the answer, or we could take the attitude, at least for now, "don't
> go looking for trouble by unnecessarily changing the defaults".  (The
> "defaults" being in this case the configuration distributed by Nokia.)

It would be nicer if we could use the system libs, but as long
as the Qt build system is broken in this regard, I'll simply stick
to the libs which Qt provides.

However, we should always have these settings explicit. Using the
"defaults" is dangerous, because in Qt they depend on the build
platform (Linux, Mac, ...), not the host platform (Win32). This
is plain stupid, but let's hope the Qt project will fix it in the
future. It's just one of many signs that Qt's cross compiling
abilities are still immature and need a major revision.

Greets,

Volker Grabsch
Administrator
NotJustHosting GbR