metacosm-dev

[Metacosm-dev] JSX/JSX2 license

From: Benoît Sibaud
Subject: [Metacosm-dev] JSX/JSX2 license
Date: Mon, 9 Dec 2002 20:06:55 +0100

Hi,

just to let you know, again there are discussions about JSX license. As
previously, I put all my weight in the balance to keep a GPL version.

JSX is and will stay GPL+commercial. JSX2 is "free for non-commercial
use"+commercial (ie non free according to FSF definition).

Both are produced by one person. And he's afraid by the "GPL free rider
problem" (the GPL allows closed-source "use", and only comes into play if
the commercial interest wants to "distribute").

Debates are in progress.

--
Benoît Sibaud