metacosm-dev

Re: [Metacosm-dev] LowLevelDescription-RFC comments

From: Benoît Sibaud
Subject: Re: [Metacosm-dev] LowLevelDescription-RFC comments
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2002 00:23:53 +0200

> - definition : The low level description is the set of attributes used to
> describe Creatures, Items, Places and Actions, the possible values, etc.
>
> I find it really light.
> I would add that it is the internal format of descriptions before it is
> served to players and transformed by metacosm clients to text, sound or
> graphics.

Done.

> - attributes
> You use exclusively the term of 'attribute' whereas we used 'property'
> until now. As attributes are properties as defined by Property-RFC, there
> is no reason to change their name.

An Entity description uses LLD attributes in Properties (not defined/clear
in Entity-RFC iirc). But in transmission and perception, LLD attributes
won't be stored in Properties, as far as I can see.

> - The shape tree
> This is a good idea that can be applied to other descriptions like
> activity ids for instance. But I don't know how we will define trees :
> XML ?

A tree is planned for activities, but no yet written. In the LLD system
data, the tree is just an item and it's parent name (so there is a tree
constructed in memory on the server, on the telnet converters and on the
client). Trees are not transmitted. Why XML? Did I miss the point?

> -  The perception system (as described inPerceptions-RFC) will transmit
> information defined like a triplet (medium,intensity, attribute).
>
> There is no example about the use of the intensity for descriptions.
> For instance if a character is shouting (high intensity), the text will
> be displayed in upper case.

Done.

--
Benoît Sibaud