mediagoblin-devel

Re: Keyboard input for mediagoblin video player

From: Ben Sturmfels
Subject: Re: Keyboard input for mediagoblin video player
Date: Mon, 06 Mar 2023 19:46:23 +1100

Hi Nicholas,

Apologies for the long-overdue reply.

Nicholas Bernhard <Nicholas@ndhfilms.com> writes:

>     I was on the mediagobiin IRC channel, and strum suggested I send this
> email.
>
> I was watching this video on libreplanet, and I noticed there was no keyboard
> input (space bar to play/pause, etc.)
>
> If mediagoblin does not have keyboard inputs for videos, I have written a
> small script for it, and I would like to submit it
> to the mediagoblin project.
>
> I have tested it out on the aforementioned page. There are inputs for
> play/pause, muting/unmuting, toggling
> fullscreen, volume control, and the ability to skip through the video using
> the number keys.
>
> I am new to submitting code for free software projects, so if you're
> interested, let me know what I should do.

If you're familiar with git, please clone the MediaGoblin repository here:

https://git.sr.ht/~mediagoblin/mediagoblin

Then commit your changes into a new branch to add keyboard control. If
you have a public repository somewhere, push your code to than and send
us a link.

Alternatively, you can email your patch to this mailing list
(mediagoblin-devel@gnu.org), by following the guide on SourceHut.

https://man.sr.ht/git.sr.ht/#sending-patches-upstream

If you wanted to create a free SourceHut account, you can also use their
web-based patch submission process.

Regards,
Ben