marvin-devel

Re: [Marvin-devel] [libnn] splitting

From: Olivier Ricordeau
Subject: Re: [Marvin-devel] [libnn] splitting
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2003 22:20:03 +0200

Olivier Ricordeau wrote:
> Hi all!
>
> As you have seen, I've generated a lot of activity on the CVS mailing
> list :)
> The first part of LibNN's splitting is now done. I've cvsrm and then
> cvsadd almost every libnn source file...
>
> Now, everything will be built recursively. For now, only "make byte" and
> "make clean" work. Many groovy recursive make targets are to be
> available soon.
>
> Give it a try:
> address@hidden marvin > cd src/libnn
> address@hidden libnn > ./bootstrap.sh
> address@hidden libnn > make byte

(* Build architecture *)

Now all the compilation stuff is handled in 3 (yes, only 3) Makefiles:

* common.Makefile.in
 necessary to build common.Makefile thanks to bootstrap.sh.
 common.Makefile is included in Makefile and in */Makefile. It
 contains the variables (no rules!) which are global in the project.

* Makefile
 Implements recursive make all, byte, opt, doc, clean. doc-clean, etc.
 at the root of LibNN's sources tree.

* subdirs.Makefile
 Necessary to build each subdirectory's Makefile thanks to bootsrap.sh.
 Actually, the Makefiles in the subdirs are all the same, except a
 variable which is the name of the Makefile's subdirectory.

(* Generated doc *)

Recursive 'mak doc' is now implemented. The result is the following: doc
is generated module by module (i.e. subdirectory by subdirectory), and
everything is centralised in src/libnn/doc. I'll make doc/libnn become a
symbolic link to it soon.

The structure has chonged a lot, but the "interface" is still the same:
"cd src/libnn ; ./bootstrap.sh ; make"...

Now I'm going to make the DTD.

- --
- -= *Olivier RICORDEAU* =-        http://freefolks.org
          < LibNN addict http://libnn.org >