Re: GNU make 4.2 (and 4.2.1) failing due to length of command-line

From: Adrian Muresan
Subject: Re: GNU make 4.2 (and 4.2.1) failing due to length of command-line
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2016 18:48:35 +0000

I ran using GNU make 3.81 from two different sources:

once using the binary form sourceforge
And
once using the binary from QNX.

QNX gave no error and SourceForge gave an error (the same error as 4.2, 4.2.1 I
built and the 4.0+ binary version Eli told me to get from SourceForge).

Doesn't this prove there's a bug? As Eli said, QNX obviously patched something
since everything else, even the shell used, was the same.

Sent from my iPhone