Re: GNU make 4.2 (and 4.2.1) failing due to length of command-line

From: Paul Smith
Subject: Re: GNU make 4.2 (and 4.2.1) failing due to length of command-line
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2016 14:38:02 -0400

On Wed, 2016-06-22 at 17:57 +0000, Adrian Muresan wrote:
> Should I submit a bug report to the GNU make site?

As Eli's tests, and even your output, show, GNU make is invoking the
command with the complete command line, so there's no issue with GNU
make.  It's the command we're invoking which is somehow truncating the
command line, not GNU make.

It's possible that the already-suggested BATCH_MODE_ONLY_SHELL setting
will help, but this is a workaround for commands which can't accept
very large command lines.

So based on the information we have so far there's no bug in GNU make
and no need to submit a bug report.