Re: Windows patches for the next release

From: Paul Smith
Subject: Re: Windows patches for the next release
Date: Sat, 05 Oct 2013 20:05:03 -0400

On Wed, 2013-10-02 at 19:17 +0300, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
> > Date: Wed, 02 Oct 2013 09:34:06 +0200
> > From: Denis Excoffier <address@hidden>
> > Cc: <address@hidden>, <address@hidden>, <address@hidden>,
> >  <address@hidden>
> >
> > The abspath error is gone.
>
> Thanks for testing, I will commit the changes soon.
>
> > However, output-sync, recursion, MAKE remain.  Included work.tar.xz
>
> All of those failures are because of the exact form of $(MAKE).  What
> Cygwin produces is functionally equivalent to what the test suite
> expects, so I think we can consider these failures redundant, if not
> bogus.  (If Paul accepts your patch to the suite, they will be gone
> altogether.)

Personally I think this is a real bug.  Make should try to use the
fully-qualified pathname when it sets the MAKE variable, which is why
the test suite prefixes the filename with the current working directory
if the path is determined to be relative.

If MAKE is set to a relative pathname, then it will fail in recursion
when the directory is changed, since $(MAKE) will no longer be a valid
path.

Won't it?