Re: Windows patches for the next release

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Windows patches for the next release
Date: Tue, 01 Oct 2013 20:36:08 +0300

> From: Paul Smith <address@hidden>
> Cc: Denis Excoffier <address@hidden>, Pavel Fedin
>  <address@hidden>, Chris Faylor
>  <address@hidden>,  address@hidden
> Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2013 08:47:39 -0400
>
> abspath / DOS paths fix

I posted a patch for this.  Let's hope some Cygwin user will be able
to test it soon.

> Also, from Savannah:
>
> https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/index.php?30323
> Not sure what the final word on this one is.

I analyzed that and posted a comment.  Bottom line is that the Windows
build behaves exactly like a Posix build, when the Make executable is
found in the current directory via PATH.

> https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/index.php?15718
> Don't know if this is fixed, but probably too much for this release.

Whatever is left is minor and doesn't merit waiting for.