Windows patches for the next release

From: Paul Smith
Subject: Windows patches for the next release
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2013 08:47:39 -0400

Hi all;

There are some decisions to be made on outstanding Windows patches.
Other than these I believe the next release is ready to go... not
everything is fixed but at some point you have to pull the trigger.  I'm
willing to apply the ones that are appropriate, but need some guidance
from Eli.  Also, do you need another release tarball for testing, or is
Git good enough?

Things that I know of:

Spawn patch: at this point I think we'll have to leave this one out; it
can continue to be applied as an external patch for now by those who
want it and we can try to get an official patch for the next release.

abspath / DOS paths fix

Also, from Savannah:

Not sure what the final word on this one is.

Don't know if this is fixed, but probably too much for this release.

Other stuff?