Re: sync_Path_environment issue

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: sync_Path_environment issue
Date: Wed, 22 May 2013 05:45:16 +0300

> Date: Tue, 21 May 2013 15:40:34 -0400
> From: LM <address@hidden>
>
> So msys make does not have the same issue with recursive calls to
> sync_Path_environment?

I'd be surprised to hear it does.

> I'd be interested to see what's different in the build that it
> avoids it.

It simply does not compile that code into the binary.

> I did notice msys make is still on 3.81 instead of 3.82

You can find snapshots of much newer versions floating around, I use
one such snapshot (because I needed to be able to run parallel
builds).

> I'm using msys as a build environment for now, but final target environment
> will use another bash-like shell besides msys on Windows, that's why I
> didn't start by trying to build msys make.

Which Bash-like shell exists on Windows, except Cygwin?

> I don't know if msys make will work properly with other shells
> besides msys sh.exe.  If it doesn't, it won't be of any use to me.

You can always use := if you bump into this very problem in your
target environment with the native MinGW Make.