Re: configure error for last cvs sources

From: Paul Smith
Subject: Re: configure error for last cvs sources
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2012 15:26:49 -0400

On Fri, 2012-09-21 at 22:33 +0400, niXman wrote:
> 2012/9/21 Eli Zaretskii:
>
> > That it's probably a bug, but if you use build_w32.bat, you'll be able
> > to build a MinGW Make nonetheless.
>
> I understand your proposition to use build_w32.bat but I need to build
> gnu make for MinGW-builds project which scripts are designed for
> autotools using.
> Now it will be complicate to me to change them for build_w32.bat using :(

All things being equal I would LIKE for the autoconf stuff to work for
everyone, everywhere, insofar as that's reasonable.

If someone (hint hint niXman...) were to debug this problem, or work
with the MinGW-autoconf-knowledgeable folks to debug it, and provide a
fix or patch, that would be most welcome.

But as Eli says, if you're not able or willing to do that then using
build_w32.bat is a good workaround until someone else can.