Re: Build with cygwin gcc

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Build with cygwin gcc
Date: Mon, 04 Jun 2012 20:17:18 +0300

> Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2012 09:40:12 -0700 (PDT)
> From: Stacy Leon <address@hidden>
>
> Just to clarify, I am not talking about using cygwin make, where they
> completely disable using drive letters. I am just talking about using the
> standard make 3.82 source and build with cygwin gcc.

When you use the standard Make sources, and configure and build with
Cygwin GCC, you get the Cygwin Make.  You should see that by typing
"make --version", it shows its target on the 2nd line.  That one that
is built for native tools says this:

  Built for i686-pc-mingw32

> All of my microsoft compiled code builds fine when using the
> resultant make.exe.

They mostly will.  The problems are subtle, and if you are lucky, you
will never see them.  But they are there nonetheless.

> I am not using
> the w32 directory at all, while it seems all other builds require it.

One more sign that you've got a Cygwin Make.