RE: FW: Problems with GNU make in Windows 7 (64-bit)

From: Rob Juergens
Subject: RE: FW: Problems with GNU make in Windows 7 (64-bit)
Date: Fri, 6 May 2011 14:55:40 -0700

OK - on further inspection, your fix may have solved the recursion problem.  It
doesn't seem to be happening any more.

What I am now experiencing is the message "_main: memory allocation error
during startup.".  This is a Windoze error.  I can put in a printf() call as
the first thing in main(), and this still comes up before the printf call.

This only occurs AFTER the make has invoked a few sub-makes (for sub-dirs).  It
occurs randomly, not every time (the most fun kinds of bugs to find...) and it
only happens in Win7.  My Win7 box is 64-bit, so I don't know if it happens
also on a Win7-32 box.  It definitely does NOT happen on a XP bit (either 32 or
64 bit).

Rob