Re: Minor patch to correct buffer overrun

From: Paul Smith
Subject: Re: Minor patch to correct buffer overrun
Date: Sat, 28 Aug 2010 17:54:56 -0400

On Fri, 2010-08-27 at 09:41 +0300, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
> > Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2010 21:53:11 -0400
> > From: Chris Sutcliffe <address@hidden>
> > CC: address@hidden, address@hidden
> >
> Fine with me.  If Paul doesn't object, I will commit this upstream.
>
> Thanks.

The patch is OK if the Windows folks like it.

I still don't see how this solves the core dump problem though.  What if
someone creates a vpath pathname that is really really long and doesn't
contain any separators, or uses the wrong separator again (e.g., using :
where ; is expected)?

Even if we use the wrong separator, or just one really long pathname
that's too long for the underlying system, make absolutely should not,
ever, dump core.