Re: "cd" command not working

From: Greg Chicares
Subject: Re: "cd" command not working
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2009 12:29:32 +0000

On 2009-09-16 07:42Z, OldGrantonian wrote:
> I use make381 on Vista. I'm not a techie.
>
> The following makefile command does not work:
>
> cd mnemosyne/pyqt_ui ; make
>
> If I run the makefile to the previously executed command, then manually do:
>
> cd mnemosyne/pyqt_ui
> make
>
> then the commands work correctly.
>
> BTW: linux users tell me that all makefiles that I'm using work OK in linux.

This isn't really a gnu make question, but I would guess that for msw
you're using a shell ("command prompt") that doesn't treat ';' as a
command separator. If so, then you're likely to have other problems
if the makefile contains nontrivial commands. Instead of rewriting
such commands, you might consider using Cygwin to get a working
environment similar to GNU/Linux:
  http://cygwin.com/