Re: Error with make 3.79 on Windows XP

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Error with make 3.79 on Windows XP
Date: Fri, 26 Jun 2009 12:34:59 +0300

> Cc: address@hidden,
>       address@hidden
> From: address@hidden
> Date: Fri, 26 Jun 2009 13:08:37 +0530
>
> Please take a look at the snippet of the makefile.
> [...]
> Here I am calling make LN=cp install
>
> The DIR_OR_FILES have files with long PATH, the target is supposed to
> create the DEST and copy DIR_OR_FILES from SOURCE.

Thanks.  But I still don't see what command is run that uses a long
list of files.  Can you show me that command?

And why does Make say that what fails is the "mkdir -p" command?

Also, can you post the full output of "make --debug=j LN=cp install" ?

Please use Make 3.81 in all these experiments, as 3.79.1 has all kinds
of bugs on Windows, and I don't want those bugs to interfere with
investigating your problem.

> Also if this is the problem with windows, FYI the same code works for
> Windows2008

I don't expect Make to behave on Windows Server 2008 differently from
other versions of Windows.