Re: "Target pattern contains no %"

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: "Target pattern contains no %"
Date: Thu, 09 Apr 2009 12:53:00 +0300

> Date: Thu, 9 Apr 2009 14:07:07 +0530
> From: "Sathish Kumar Govindasamy  " <address@hidden>
> Cc: <address@hidden>, <address@hidden>
>
> There are two instances where it fails in 3.81 version. Both the
> captures are given Below.

Thanks, but I asked for the relevant fragments of your Makefile as
well.  I'd like to see what Make sees there.

Also, do you have some port of a Unixy shell (sh.exe) installed
somewhere on Path?  If so, what kind of shell is that, and where did
you get its port from?

> The capture -2 failes by saying invalid option, whereas the same worked
> in 3.80 Version.

It looks like Make somehow didn't get the quotes in the CFLAGS=
argument, so it tries to interpret it as separate command-line options
to the sub-Make itself.  That is why I asked about the shell you are
using.