Re: What is correct in make8.3.1?

From: Brian Dessent
Subject: Re: What is correct in make8.3.1?
Date: Tue, 02 Sep 2008 10:49:49 -0700

> "Shang, Sean" wrote:

> It works fine in make-8.3.0.  But in make-8.3.1, it always reports
> “multiple target patterns”. It seems caused by setting
> WORKSPACE=c:/test.

The versions are 3.80 and 3.81.

> Is it a bug in make8.3.1? Or my usage of WORKSPACE is wrong?

Are you using the make that is packaged with Cygwin?  It does not
support Win32 paths, i.e. those with a drive letter, because Cygwin
targets a *nix environment.  You are meant to use MinGW make if you need
to use Win32 paths.  Upstream CVS make has code to support Win32 paths
when built in unix mode as with Cygwin, and so that is another
alternative.

Brian