Re: make 3.81 and MS-DOS paths (e.g. C: or drive letter paths)

From: Bill Hoffman
Subject: Re: make 3.81 and MS-DOS paths (e.g. C: or drive letter paths)
Date: Tue, 01 Jul 2008 09:56:20 -0400

Eli Zaretskii wrote:
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2008 18:08:00 -0700
From: "Kelly O'Hair" <address@hidden>

I assume cygwin will not be fixing this, in 3.82 or ever, is that
the conclusion I am seeing?

DOS file name support for Cygwin is already in CVS and will be in the
next release of GNU Make.

Along those lines, does anyone have an ETA on the next release of GNU Make? Just curious if it is 1 month, 3 months, 6 months or 1 year away. BTW, I have a binary that fixes this problem available here:

http://www.cmake.org/files/cygwin/make.exe

-Bill