Re: Gnu make for Win

From: Yongwei Wu
Subject: Re: Gnu make for Win
Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2008 21:16:55 +0800

On 05/03/2008, Syed Ahmed <address@hidden> wrote:
> I am looking for all the help needed to use Gnu make for WinXP. Do I
> need a C compiler to compile the C files in the download. What are
> steps from where to download the Gnu make for WinXP. Please do let
> me know, your help is approeciated.

Get it from MinGW:

You can have both Make, GCC, and necessary tools like binutils there.
Make is a separate package.  If you are not sure which packages should
be downloaded for GCC, try the Automated MinGW Installer.

Disclaimer: I have not used the installer.  If you have further
questions regarding MinGW, ask on the MinGW forum or its mailing list.

Best regards,

Yongwei

--
Wu Yongwei